The Office of Community Development and Research at Amoud College of Health Sciences - ACHS, regularly organizes such volunteering work in the local community. All the services and medication used during the trip is fully funded by and paid for by Amoud University. The medical experts that come along for the trips are volunteers who dedicate themselves to helping Amoud University CHS to achieve its vital responsibility in making a difference in the local community.
Student entertainment services
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the Office of Student Affairs, your gateway to social activities, programs, and events that are geared to enhance your education and fulfill your inner need to be active in the community.
Our office includes staff experienced and ready to get you involved and nurture your talents that make you who you are, and direct you to where you want to go. We provide consultation, resources, and a safe environment for open and inclusive conversation. Most importantly, it is our responsibility to take learning beyond the classroom and encourage growth with activism, advocacy, leadership, team-building, and community awareness.
Our office brings the students more activities to enjoy a variety of programs and services. We also responsible all programs for the campus recreation departments, some students will enjoy spoken words, poems, sports and other forms of entertainment. Our office of student affairs his effort is to cover the needs of students’ side of entertainments.
Sports and Games
University has many opportunities for those who want to play sport any level. Office of student Affairs implements an integrated sports development program designed to cultivate the skills and talents of potential athletes. The sports program includes intramurals and participation in various sports competitions. Membership in the different varsity teams is open to all students who pass the screening and try-outs. The office of student affairs held football tournament
College of Health Sciences partners and collaborators
Since its establishment Amoud College of Health Sciences has been striving to bridge the gap in teaching packages. The institution has chosen a policy of partnership with health institution with good reputation to support the essential teaching packages. The objective of the partnership is to promote sustainable health and development in Somaliland/Somalia since College of Health Science is one of the few institutions that gave Somali citizens a hope of regaining health professionals in their home country. Amoud always believes a kind of mutual cooperation that bring about a tangible result and long term impact overall Somaliland health status.
Partners and collaborators are:
- Tropical Health Education Trust (THET) based in London sponsored Kings College Teaching Hospital of London supports our internship program, provide educational material and has developed our clinical skill lab
- Kings College Teaching Hospital of London sends lecturers to fill the gaps we have in the delivery of our curriculum helps us in the curriculum review and development act as external examiners for the final comprehensive exam
- Kijaabe Hospital of Nairobi; Sends lecturers who help us in the bed-side teaching; Participate our internship programs by upgrading the skills of the interns; Provide health services to our communities
- SOMDEV an international NGO based at Great Britain; Provides us lecturers who stay with us for a period of two years; Supports the postgraduate study of Family Medicine which was started the academic year of 2012-2013.
- WHO; Provides teaching material; Training and refreshment courses for the teaching staff.
We are looking for other partners who can help us in the postgraduate studies and can provide us postgraduate posts for our new graduates who will be the future lecturers of the Amoud College of Health Sciences.
Organizations that the College of Health Science is a member:
- World Directory of Medical Schools
- Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO).
- Sub-Saharan African Medical Schools Organization (SSAMSO).
- AMEER( Association of Medical Education of Eastern Mediterranean Region)